Monday, March 10, 2008

On the Market

Well, we have listed the house and it's officially "on the market." Spread the word - if anyone's looking for a cozy little place in EGV - there's one more for sale! The listing process is fairly painless, but a little crazy nonetheless. It's on the market "exclusively to Baird and Warner agents" for 24 hours, it will be in the MLS tomorrow night (Tuesday) and then there's the "brokers' tour" in Elk Grove on Thursday. Who can figure it out -- I guess it's technically on the market, but you won't find it on realtor.com until later in the week.

If anything, I will become more saavy with my cell phone. I promptly gave the realtor my cell number as the "best way" to get a hold of me. Then, after she left - I had Frank give me a refresher course on how to check my messages on the cell phone. Funny thing, as he was showing me how to check the voicemail (I really knew... it was more of a refresher course...) :) there was already a message waiting for me... from Frank - from January 31st! Timely.

And my new cell phone prowess was put to the test today - day #1. Our realtor was supposed to meet the photographer here this afternoon. As I was leaving school, I took out my cell phone (of course, school policy prohibits cell phones in the building). :) Sure enough, there was a message from the realtor (Sandy is her name -- I'll just call her that from now on - I'm sure she'll be blog worthy many times in the coming weeks / months...). Apparently she was having trouble with the set of keys that we gave her -- she couldn't get in the house to take the damn pictures. I'm still not sure if we gave her "bad" keys or if she just couldn't get them to work. In either case, she didn't get in and even my immediate cell phone message-checking could not salvage the situation. Oh well - we'll be "that house" on realtor.com with no picutres, at least for now. She said she was coming back on Friday (Frank is working from home that day, so maybe he can let her in... maybe). :)

The worst part of the whole thing is that I am likely going to give myself an ulcer from the constant straightening -- chasing the kids around picking up the play-doh so we can get out the puzzles. Getting out the swiffer after every meal (no, I didn't used to do that). Making the kids' beds everymorning (no, I didnt' used to do that either). Standing by with a clorox wipe so that when they brush their teeth and the little glob of toothpaste lands only sort of in the sink, I can wipe it up quick before it crusts over. I need to chill out a little bit, but I can't. I can just imagine the feedback - "the house is alright, but the diaper genie was ripe -- deal-breaker!"

I'll keep you posted. There should be asign in the yard before Ellie's birthday... (and an Open house on her birthday - lucky girl...)

No comments: