Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SOLD!

Well, we did it -- we sold (out) -- We ended up striking a deal with the "come back to see the house for the third time with the list of improvements" people. We were in the middle of a stand-off with them (over a lousy $5,000) when Frank gets a call from our realtor - there was another offer... I was all "great - let's pit them against each other and we'll get into some kind of big bidding war and drive the price way up." Uh, no such luck. The second offer that came in was a cooky single guy engineer that had calculated (by some formula of his own) what our house was worth (very close to the buy-out, incidentally) -- and he wanted to close on May 13th, which would obviously not work. I mean, I could use some help around here, but I don't want another roommate at this point. :) We didn't tell him about the other offer - we just said, "no, you have to close on OUR date and you have to pay at least X and we need your answer by tomorrow morning." He countered with - "OK, I'll agree to your date, but I won't raise my price." Offer rejected, and we were right back to where we started - only one offer (not the best, not the worst) on the table.

So, enough is enough - we settled at a price lower than we thought we would (isn't that always the way?) It's the ol' "the market will tell you what your home is worth" -- we had three offers and they all stopped going up at the same number - I guess that's it - done! Our realtor said that we could probably hold out for another buyer and we might get $5000 more dollars. Uh, not worth it - we are so done with it all - I can't believe it's been only a month! Let me know when I can stop making the beds and let the hampers fill up and abandon the "No Towel Left Behind" Law in the bathroom and kitchen. I mean, we don't ever really live like slobs, but the super neat-ness is starting to wear on me.

Frank went to the home inspection on our house in Omaha - like any house, there was a list of things that were "wrong" with the house, but (I haven't seen the list yet) Frank says that none of them are "deal-breakers" so that's good. Frank took about 40 more pictures of the inside of the house. It's amazing how much I DON'T remember about it - I could have sworn that the family room had hardwood - nope, carpet. Lots of stuff like that. I will be anxious to see it again in person :)

It's getting late and I better "gear up" for the morning and another day -
More later -

No comments: