Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting even closer...

Seems like the sentiment hasn't changed much from a couple of weeks ago... and I guess the inevitable is happening - the move to Omaha is getting even closer still!

We had the Oma-hoedown here last night - seems hard to believe that it will be the last time that we will squeeze all of our family members in here at the same time... It's sort of ironic - the Omaha house would comfortably fit everyone and there will probably never be a time when they will all be there at once! :) I really have been doing well, I think, not getting too "weepy," but there are some big milestones coming - the last day of school tomorrow. Maybe when I actually drag out all of the boxes of stuff that I've been packing up in my classroom, it will seem a little bit more real. I'm terrible at good-byes - it will be tough to say all the farewells, tomorrow. But, knowing me, I will just conitnue the "denial" attitude that's gotten me this far... just moving to Omaha, no big deal, right?

The buyers of our house (the house officially has a "SOLD" sign on it...) came through today to check out all of the repair work that we had done - this sounds like another obnoxious request by them, but actually, it was our idea. See, once they sign off on the repairs, we get our money from the relo company and the whole thing is out of our hands... they came through and were apparently satisfied with everything, so that's good - they just have to sign that last form (of course, they want their lawyer to look it over first!) and the deal is done. Our realtor was here with them as well. She said (and I guess this makes me feel better) that the wife is actually very nice and "normal" and is so excited about moving into our house because she loves it so much. Just as we suspected - she was the one keeping this whole deal together! Meanwhile, the husband is interrogating the realtor about how we were going to be moving, becasue "[I] want to make sure that none of the walls are damaged." Oh, give it a rest! And they have a 4 year old daughter that "can't wait" to take over the pink room. Ellie's room. Sad. (OK, that one's not their fault - that's just sentimentality taking over!) Anyhow, I secretly hope they have another child soon and find out that the house gets real small real fast!

Well, one more day of school -- lots of moving logistics to start planning -
many more posts coming, I just don't know how often I can get them up! :)
Thanks for reading!

No comments: