Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Christmas Miracle?

I am still trying not to get my hopes up on this one, but I do think that it could be a Christmas miracle. Let me start at the beginning...

I took my one hour glucose test last week on Thursday. (Yes, the test that I failed in both previous pregnancies). I was fully expecting to fail again. If you fail the one hour test, you have to take the dreaded three hour glucose tolerance test. My record is 1-1 with the three hour test. With Ellie, I failed it. With Nathan, I passed it. So, I was preparing myself for the fact that I would undoubtedly fail the one hour, and maybe I could eek out a "pass" on the 3 hour again...
So, I gulped down the nasty orange drink (and for the first time, I didn't get light-headed or nauseas after drinking it...). I went in for my appointment and made sure that they didn't draw the blood until one hour had passed to THE minute (with my experience with blood sugar...every minute counts!). Considering my history, the doctor almost made me skip right to the three hour, but I convinced him to let me try the one hour. He said they should have the results back by the end of that day or the next day and that they wouldn't call unless I "failed." He added that if I didn't hear from them by Monday or Tuesday (today), I could assume that I passed. No phone call. Either they forgot to call me, or they are letting me enjoy Christmas with my sweets, or maybe... just maybe...it could be the greatest Christmas Miracle of all!

No comments: