Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our anniversary

Nine years! Can't believe it -- who knew I had married a "man of steel" that would carry me off into the sunset of Omaha?? Well, here we are - only two weeks in town, so there are no babysitters on our radar yet. The whole family is planning to go swimming at "the club" tonight. Ellie is so excited - we have not been over there to swim yet (the weather has always been iffy whenever we think about going...). The kids are going to eat early (cheese pizza - everyone's favorite!) and then we will swim right after Frank gets home. After the kids go to bed, Frank and I will probably do something "take-out" style -- doesn't sound too exciting, but the proposition of eating by ourselves without being interrupted or having to get up a thousand times during dinner and not having to scarf it down to "keep up" with the midgets -- almost worth it to not eat until 8:30 or so!

"When I get to Omaha" Goal #1 - I have done it... I made a pie. I joked before we came here that I would become some sort of domestic pie-making person (because I would have so much time on my hands...). Well, after coming home from the grocery store with three different types of pre-made pie crusts (already - the undomestic side from chicago is coming out), Ellie and I made a fresh strawberry pie (her choice). It looks yummy, but we'll see how it tastes. Baby steps -- when the ready made pie crusts are gone, maybe I will venture into making them from scratch - just trying to pace myself... :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congrats on the anniversary. We ended up putting in a movie so we could eat in peace for ours.